Sunday, January 22, 2012

Correlations

CHAIRMAN GREENSPAN.  Vice Chair, [it's your turn to speak]. 
VICE CHAIRMAN GEITHNER.  Mr. Chairman, in the interest of crispness, I’ve removed a substantial tribute from my remarks.  [Laughter] 
CHAIRMAN GREENSPAN.  I am most appreciative.  [Laughter] 
VICE CHAIRMAN GEITHNER.  I’d like the record to show that I think you’re pretty terrific, too.  [Laughter]  And thinking in terms of probabilities, I think the risk that we decide in the future that you’re even better than we think is higher than the alternative.[Laughter] With that, the economy looks pretty good to us, perhaps a bit better than it did at the last meeting.  With the near-term monetary policy path that’s now priced into the markets, we think the economy is likely to grow slightly above trend in ’06 and close to trend in ’07... More

No comments:

Post a Comment